TOP 10 APHRODISIACS
(Yes, I actually asked all of my ‘Men on the Menu’ dates this question. And no, I didn’t always get a reply!)
* Oysters. Full of zinc and iron (in which we are often low), but which benefit fertility and boosts energy levels
*Chocolate. Contains serotonin, the ‘happy’ chemical in our brains. Also caffeine, which keeps you awake!
* Ginseng. Stimulates energy levels
* Hot peppers. Gets your heart racing, and beads of sweat are forming – reactions that mimic the sexual response – and which might just encourage you to go for the real thing
* Almonds. Contain high doses of vitamin E and magnesium, which help boost energy levels, blood flow, and nerve cell responses
* Avocado. Contain high levels of folic acid which helps metabolize protein, B6 and potassium, which can increase the libido
* Garlic. Contains a plant compound called allicin which can increase blood flow to sexual organs
* Asparagus. Great source of potassium, fibre, vitamins B6, A and C, thiamin and folic acid. An English herbalist from the 17th century, Nicholas Culpepper, wrote that asparagus “stirs up lust in man and woman.”
* Figs. These are said to have been Cleopatra’s favorite fruit. To quote When Harry Met Sally, “I’ll have what she’s having.”
* Pomegranate juice. Researchers have found that drinking this can lift testosterone levels up to 30% – which makes men and women feel friskier.
And PLEASE, if anyone recommends tiger’s penis, rhino horn, yak testicles, sparrow’s brains, skink skin, turtle eggs, or cobra blood, I will hunt you down and shoot YOU!