My 5 WORST dates
- When I accepted a date over the phone thinking it was someone else, got all dressed up, only to find the boy I’d been avoiding for 6 months walking up the driveway.
- When a man I’d had two reasonable dates with, decided the time had come to admit that he would like to buy me a dozen long stemmed red roses (at which I thought “awww, how sweet”), only to have him tell me where he would like to insert said red roses. The date lasted another 30 seconds.
- When I was matched up with a farmer on an upmarket dating site, and the poor chap had obviously tried to cover up the smell of cow manure/cow wrangling perspiration with after-shave, men’s cologne, and deodorant. It didn’t work, and I nearly passed out with the fumes.
- In my recent research for my book Men on the Menu, when my date implied I was stupid at least 37 times.
- When my (ex) fiancé told me that he was swapping me for a yacht.